- 1921: American Life Insurance Company (ALICO) was founded in Shanghai, China.
- 1953: Branch of ALICO was established in Lebanon as a life insurance leader.
- 1960s: ALICO moves its headquarters to Delaware, United States.
- 1972: ALICO becomes the first foreign life insurance company licensed to sell in Japan.
- 1980s: ALICO begins operations in Central and Eastern Europe, followed by expansion in Latin America and the Middle East. A true growth story that continues until this day.
- 2010: MetLife acquires ALICO creating one global company to meet the needs of 90 million customers in over 60 countries.
- 2017: MetLife maintains its long-standing position as the number one life insurer in Lebanon with 17% market share.
Around 150 hard workers dedicate their time and efforts to serve our clients portfolio in Lebanon and move MetLife forward.
Our diverse team strives to provide you with the best service and support throughout your journey with MetLife.
Our service, is a reflection of our culture, and therefore, we promote a culture of team work, positive communication and ownership all based on our core values.
Working as one team, is key to our success and therefore, One MetLife remains always at the heart of our Strategy.